If someone had asked me this question a few years ago, the first thing that would’ve come to mind would have been something about appearance. Since I have matured, I realized that looks are good but they can’t and won’t keep a relationship together. Of course he and I must have a physical attraction, but it isn’t at the top of the list. Why? People change. They lose and gain weight. They change their hair color, cut it down and also grow it out. Again, these are things that are subject to change at any given moment. Essentially, what I need to know is where his heart lies – something that you will NOT find by getting caught up on his 6 pack and chiseled chest. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pro health too, but being handsome does not give me any information about the inner man.
So here’s my list of the top 5 things that are most important to me in a future mate:
1. We must be on the same page spiritually. We might not attend the same church but as long as we worship the same God.
2. Character- How does he act when around family/friends? Kind, considerate, funny etc. Can I be myself around him? Are we friends? Is he emotionally available?
3. Does he know his purpose?
4. His words are followed by actions that are consistent
5. How does he handle his money?
So there we have it peeps! *Keep in mind that numbers 2-5 are equally important, therefore I did not write them in any particular order.* Feel free to let me know what you think and/or what you would add to this list!